Diverge provides two main kinds of training:
- Scheduled training where we present events and invite you to attend
- Tailored training where you determine the details of training to suit your client or staff needs.
We can provide workshop presentations or a series of mentoring sessions. Common topics include:
- Working with clients with acquired brain injury (ABI)
- Working with clients and complexity
- Providing effective behaviour support interventions.
Venue: All scheduled training sessions will be held at Unit 204, 46 Graingers Road, West Footscray.
Behaviour Support Intervention workshop series for early career clinicians/ neuropsychology students/ registrars
Thursday 10th, 17th and 24th October 2019 6pm – 7:30pm
Each week a primary case study will be used as the vehicle to convey the practicalities and considerations of community-based behaviour support intervention.
Through these cases we will practice behaviour assessment, behaviour-focussed intervention strategies, intervention protocols, developing a behaviour support plan, and other good stuff. In the third week various vignettes will be used to demonstrate ethical issues and practical resolutions. Participants are expected to attend all three sessions.
Session 1: Behaviour
- A language for behaviour
- Conducting a behaviour assessment interview
- Measuring challenging behaviour
- Hypothesis testing during a case
- Broad behaviour profiles and target behaviours
- Reporting approaches for challenging behaviour
Session 2: Behaviour intervention & Social Rehabilitation
- The value of the site visit
- Dealing with crises
- Behaviour support plans fail if ‘they’ don’t engage
- Formulation: Mental health ?versus? ABI
- Development of a behaviour support plan
- Implementation issues
Session 3: Complexities & ethical dilemmas
- Case discussions
- Ethical issues