Training, Workshops, & Mentoring
Diverge regularly conducts general and client-specific training for staff and family members, related to acquired brain injury and behaviour management support for complex clients. We can also provide mentoring. Mentoring typically occurs across several sessions and includes case discussion, formulation, intervention advice, case progress reviews and troubleshooting. Please contact us to discuss your training needs.
Diverge provides two main kinds of formal training:
- Scheduled training where we present events and invite you to attend
- Tailored training where you determine the details of training to suit your client or staff needs.
We can provide workshop presentations or a series of mentoring sessions. Common topics include:
- Working with clients with acquired brain injury (ABI)
- Working with clients and complexity
- Providing effective behaviour support interventions.
- Introduction to Neuropsychology Assessments
- Overt Behaviour Scale (OBS) training
Our presenters are highly skilled and experienced community-based neuropsychologists. They have conducted literally thousands of assessments and treatment interventions. They are not just report writers; they work day-to-day with clients and families, in their homes, schools, and workplaces. They are able to draw on that extensive experience when delivering training, and providing participants with practical advice and strategies.
Things to Note
- If you organise tailored training with us you will know who is to deliver the workshop, you will speak with them directly, and we can provide you with a biography and other material to assist your advertising.
- We will negotiate in advance a training agreement detailing what will be delivered.
- The presenter will liaise with you in the lead up to the event.
For further information on our tailored or scheduled training sessions, please contact Adrian Kamer, training co-ordinator email@example.com